Thanks for all the new visitors and followers! I really appreciate it and I am so excited you guys want to come join my journey through whatever it is I stumble upon!
Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite super easy meals which, honestly can also be used as a snack. It’s dinner muffins and they are just so cute because they are made in cupcake cups.
So let’s get started:
2 dl white flour
2 dl rye flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (or whatever your fave is)
200g sour cream
2 dl milk
1/4 cup melted butter (margarine)
Filling: (honestly, whatever veggies you like)
Sun dried tomatoes
– Make sure the pieces are like smaller because remember they are going to be in small cupcake shapes.
I actually added corn and flax seeds in my batch for the first time too and it was really good! So experiment : )
1. Heat your oven to 400 F which is 200C.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together and than add the “liquid” ones. Mix them together until its nice and doughy. It might be a little liquid-y but that’s okay because we are adding our filling.
3. Add your fillings and mix well.
4. Add the dough in the cupcake cups. I usually fill to the rim just so i get a nice size. Now, depending on your size of filling and your size cups you can get anywhere from 10-19 muffins. My last batch I got 19 (yay leftovers/meal prep) but that because I added new ingredients and bigger quantity of veggies.
5. When filled, put the tray in the middle and bake for 20-30min depending on your oven. I usually do 25min
Pretty simple. I love them! It’s honestly such a nice snack too but I will have about 3-4 for dinner depending if I have a side or not. Great lunch option too!
Try it yourself and let me know how it went and how you liked it!